View Single Post
Old 02-17-07, 08:06 PM
madprofessor100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by damage24
I think I sweat a lot more than most folks and am wondering if there's anything I can do to slow the flow any?

After a 45 minute high-intensity spin class, I look like I just got out of the pool, soaked from head to toe. I've yet to find a sweatband that can keep up on a 2-3 hour ride;most are completely saturated after an hour or two. Most people in my group stick to the "one bottle an hour" rule but I'm usually drink two+ and still get dehydrated more often than not.

At first I chalked it up to just being out of shape but now that I'm getting reasonably fit, the problem isn't getting any better. I'm 6'3 200 so I could stand to drop a few pounds but wouldn't consider myself fat anymore.

Is there anything I can take/eat/drink to help out?
It's my understanding that sweating is a good thing, and your sweating problem isn't going to get any better. As you get more in shape, your body becomes more efficient at regulating your body temperature, which means that you will sweat earlier and sweat more. It sounds like your sweating more than average, though. Maybe your body temperature is normally higher than average.