Thread: Crashes II
View Single Post
Old 12-31-01, 05:29 PM
Chris L
Every lane is a bike lane

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia - passionfruit capital of the universe!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Ok, I have a potentially stupid question on the learning to fall thing. Does one need to anticipate a crash for this to be of any use. The reason I ask this is that on my most serious crash of the year (the Coolangatta one), my back wheel slid out from under me after hitting an oil slick when I went to take a roundabout way too fast.

I did manage to eventually slide away on my backside, but the initial impact was with my head because I simply wasn't ready to crash when it happened.

Oh yeah, my other crashes:

Surfers Paradise -- not serious, but a stupid one where I wasn't concentrating when picking my way through dense traffic. The lesson from that one is obvious.

Spicers Gap -- caused by riding slick tyres on a dirt road with loose gravel everywhere and losing the back wheel (kind of anticipated and was going slowly at the time)

Brays Creek -- see Spicer's Gap above.

BTW CZ, with my original thread I wasn't trying to brag about anyone's fortune or lack of it. I was just curious.

That is all.