genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 86 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13658 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 3,158 Posts
Originally Posted by Helmet Head
Clearly. I meant to address what cyclists could do about it, while we continue to wait, year after year, for engineering changes/improvements like the one you put forward.

I'm concerned about cones on the BL stripe though. That will reduce "sweeping" of the bike lane even more, and probably cause it to be full of debris, and the cones will make it difficult if not dangerous for cyclists to get out of the bike lane once they are in it.
I donno, I never seem to have problems weaving in an out of objects 12-16 feet apart. Yet most cars are at least that long and at speed this would appear to more of a visual barrier to them than to a cyclist.

As far as the sweeping action... the cones would only be on one side of the lane, so sweeping can still occur.

I am not convinced that this is the best solution though... but since the cones are only glued down, it would allow for a quick study.

The best solution is a sharpshooter that takes out motorists that violate the speed limits, the rights of cyclists, and abuses the car pool lane by being the only person in the vehicle. But the cost of sharpshooters these days is pretty high.