Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Pedal Wench
Ron, thanks for the ordinance info.

For the East Wesley rides, could I hang with the group on my mtb? I put in some serious miles last weekend on my road bike, so I might do this on my mtb to give myself a break. Especially since the road conditions looked pretty rough last time I rode E.W.
The rides are very slow so a mountain bike will be fine. You won't be the only person there riding one. Top speed is usually 12-15 mph. On the hills it's slower. I'm usually on my middle chainring and cog #2 doing ~6-7 mph, just so I don't fall over, and I'm still passing some folks.

Here's the riding on sidewalks info.
Sec. 150-210. Riding on sidewalks.
(a) Business district. No person shall ride a bicycle upon a sidewalk within a business district or the central traffic district.
(b) Age restriction. No person 13 or more years of age shall ride a bicycle upon any sidewalk in any district.
(c) Duties to pedestrians. Any person who is riding a bicycle upon a sidewalk shall yield the right-of-way to any pedestrian.
(Code 1977, § 13-2344)
Here's a link to the Atlanta municiple codes.
http://www.municode.com/resources/ga...d=10376&sid=10
Search for "bicycle" in the search box in the top left. In the results window click on the first artice found, then scroll down to near the bottom.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.