View Single Post
Old 02-21-07, 10:07 PM
slvoid
2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM

Bikes: 04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by timmhaan
this happened to me. my health care provider paid for my medical bills and the driver's insurance paid for my bike (at a greatly reduced price...of course). I don't have auto insurance.

if you don't have insurance and can't get the other guy to pay, you're screwed. my 4 hour visit to the hospital for x-rays and asprin was about $500 + a $350 physican fee (to say...you'll be fine) + a $400 ambulence fee (to drive exactly 4 blocks to the hospital) = about $1250 for what was basically a bruise to my leg. when my brother broke his leg, the bills were about $15,000 and that was 15 years ago.
Actually you're not screwed. A coworker of mine was nailed by a hit and run while he was on a motorcycle, the car ran a stop sign and creamed him. Somehow, the moron with 5 broken ribs, went to make sure his beloved nextel phone was ok, then rode the bike home before going to the hospital. Homeowners insurance paid for part of lost wages along with the state, no fault paid for the medical.