Thread: Tikit To Ride
View Single Post
Old 02-23-07, 05:07 AM
Fear&Trembling

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My observations: I don't think that this bike is so different from any other bike before it.
Well, it’s not exactly reinventing the wheel, but the cable-fold looks ingenious and it is unlike any other small-wheeled folder on the market in this respect.

For a 16 inch wheel folder the folded size is huge-far bigger than my own Piccolo and Brompton.
True, but on par with a 20” folder. Hopefully the ride will compensate for the larger folded size...

The weight is nothing to brag about.
But at 11kg or so, nothing to unduly worry your muscles and joints, particularly as it looks very easy to wheel.

The bike frame is not customized for each person-although it's steel frame is attractive and is able to be cold pressed and shaped into accepting any drivetrain you like-just like any of my steel frame bikes can and have done in the past.
If they are soon to be offering fixed and hub-geared models the frame is customizable…What’s more, I think it is great that they want to know your measurements in order to get the best fit.

This bike is really expensive starting at $1195 US dollars and an unproven model. I think that I stick with a Brompton.
If no one had bought and supported A Ritchie’s innovative Brompton in the 80s, I doubt you would be riding your trusty steed now.

I am waiting for the UK distributor to pull its finger out, as my Trek Fixed folder is showing signs of age...

Last edited by Fear&Trembling; 02-23-07 at 05:30 AM.