View Single Post
Old 02-23-07, 06:19 PM
George

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 51 Times in 30 Posts
I read so many books on places to retire and I ended up in Katy Texas. Go figure. I went to some of the places that they said were great, and I didn't think they were. I guess it's just like saddles, you have to get something that fits you. I wish I could be more help as I went though the same thing, but I found more up to date stuff on the internet. I thought the taxes were to high in Texas but after I moved here I found them to be half of what I paid in Illinois. I do know one thing though, I don't miss the snow a bit. I read where retired people move 3 times on average. This is my second time. I lived on the coast of Alabama and got hammered by hurricanes for 3 years. I moved here and I really like it, but I've only been here a year. The town where I'm at now is really heavy into bicycling and that's how I got started. Anyhow good luck, I did a lot of homework for nothing, maybe you can connect. If my son didn't live here I would have been in Huntsville Alabama now. I was paying $300 taxes a year when I lived over there. Huntsville is a real sleeper.