Old 01-29-04, 02:26 PM
fixedgearhead

Bikes: Panasonic,Peugeot Px10,Cinelli super corsa, Cinelli Olympic Pista, Bianchi Pista, Gitane Tandem, all fixed Gear

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ImprezaDrvr
Since I've been asking questions, I've narrowed the spec of my soon to be fixey down quite a bit, and even ran across a set of 170mm RX100 cranks. Now, the bike has a fancy new splined bottom bracket in it so that needs to come out. Since I'm buying specifically for a fixey, what spindle length would you fixey folks suggest? I'm going to run a White Industries Eccentric ENO hub in the back and the fine folks at White have already let me know that the offset from the middle of the bottom bracket to the chainring should be 47.5mm, which, for all I know, is a standard. Anyway, that's the latest question I have. Thanks for all the help so far. I hope to order parts this weekend and get this new toy built up sometime in the next week or so.
I run a RX-100 on one of my bikes and I use a 113mm. If you can afford to spend a bit more, get the Phil Wood because the mounting rings that install the bb allow about 5mm lateral adjustment either way if you need to address chainstay clearance issues or chainline issues. The bb will last for the lifetime of the bike and they will rebuild it for cheap if you send it to them after 40,000 or 50,000 miles of trouble free riding.
fixedgearhead