View Single Post
Old 02-26-07, 06:45 PM
ticwanos
Ol' Paint

Bikes: '68 Raleigh Grand Prix,'71 Schwinn Super Sport, '73 Schwinn Paramount, '83 Schwinn Super Sport, '84(?) Univega Gran Sprint, '89 Schwinn Waterford Paramount

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What a ride! You're a braver man than I. I got in an hours worth of riding in the morning before the wind hit. My normal circuit would have resulted in the last half of my ride being directly into the wind, so I decided it didn't sound like a fun way to finish up a ride and went early, knowing what was predicted. Later in the afternoon, those straight winds from west Texas carried a goodly percentage of your topsoil through the metroplex with the heaviest dust storm I have seen in several years. It was like living in a sepia toned photograph. Eerie. I spent this morning replacing asphalt shingles on the roof, but later did get to go out and play on the local single track for the first time since last autumn. It was a perfect day to ride here. To all who are still experiencing more wintry climes -- Spring is coming! It won't be long!
-- Leon Briggs