View Single Post
Old 02-27-07, 09:37 AM
movieclockstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trek 7300 or 7.3 FX?

Hello all. I'm looking to get into biking after a number of bike-less years. I intend to ride primarily for exercise and pleasure. I currently have no ambitions for marathon-length rides, and no extremely rough off-roading. That said, I do expect to find myself in a variety of environments. Primarily road/shoulder riding, but also some bike paths, the occasional gravel or dirt road, and maybe even some trail riding. A lot of general commuting situations. Though it'll mostly be paved riding, I feel uneasy about limiting off-road options, because I really don't know where I want to head with the sport just yet.

I'm looking primarily at Treks, since that's what is easiest to come by in my (small) town and I have a little experience on them. I'm very interested in the 7300, because the hybrid might balance my riding needs. I've also heard great things about the FX series, particularly the 7.3 FX (as it's within my budget). I like the idea of a little extra performance and it may be fitting for my mostly road fitness/recreation riding.

Again, I'm a complete greenhorn here and any advice at all would be much appreciated, and help me get started out. I'm already excited to get riding a bit when the weather improves! Thanks in advance.