deputyjones
Striving for Fredness

Bikes: Old Giant Rincon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by centuryman
Hooray for Paige. I also believe that change begins with the individual. I live car-light, bike or walk to work, don't flush the toilet after every use, have never owned a clothes dryer, keep thermostat at a minimum... It's encouraging to know that the entire population has not gone mad. In a recent letter to the editor in the Denver Post the writer complained that she didn't know what to do about global warming because the government had not issued any instructions - very, very sad!
The dryer thing is something I noticed when I was in the Netherlands. Not many people have them there. During the colder months it certainly requires some forethought (especially with a habitual jeans wearer), but it can be done. I didn't use a dryer for the 10 days I was there, but washed clothes almost every day. Good example of challenging conventional wisdom. Most people would have no idea what to do (other than drive their SUV to the laundromat) if you took away their dryer.

Pretty sad about the Denver Post writer. I guess the government hasn't provided her instructions on how to google search yet either.