Old 03-05-07, 11:28 AM
pinerider
bici accumulatori

Bikes: 1985 Nishiki International Touring Bike, 1992 Vitus 979 road bike, 1996 Bianchi Premio road bike, 2002 Thin Blue LIne CO2 mountain bike, 2007 Rocky Mountain Sherpa touring bike, 1964 CCM roadster, 1959 CCM Motorbike, 2002 KHS FXT mtb + more to fix!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Zero_Enigma
The Rona MS tour was something I've been thinking of for 2 yrs now. First year I did not ride as much as it was after Aug. when I wanted to ride more but being late in the season my time was cut short. Thus why last year 2006 I went serious on the riding and during my riding I did think of the Rona MS tour but when I was at the booth they didn't seem too interested in helping out because of the low milage from my starting out and made it feel like even the bare rookies they have starting in thier starting tours have like 10,000km/yr before starting. *shrugs*

Zero_Enigma
Zero, you sure you were at the right booth? Maybe you got the randoneuring booth mixed up with the MS Biketour booth! I've worked the MS Biketour booth the last 3 years, I don't think anybody I've been there with has done 10,000 km in a year! The purpose of the booth is to encourage new riders and remind experienced riders what a great event it is. We have found that a lot of cyclists credit the MS Biketours as their introduction to "serious" cycling, even though the events are always lots of fun.
You don't have to ride a lot to participate and have a great time too. You should get some riding in beforehand to cut down on the aches and pains of distance rides, but you don't have to ride a lot to be comfortable on the tours. Great ride support with checkpoints every 45 minutes or so make it fairly easy to go long distances, even when you're not used to it.

Use your $5 off coupon from the show and register!!

Last edited by pinerider; 03-05-07 at 11:34 AM.