Old 03-05-07, 09:19 PM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Tripe. I highly recommend staying away from tripe!!

As for other foods, eat what you want. IMO, if you like, it isn't bad!!

You've mentioned twice now that you think salads and things like that would "hurt your tour" ... they definitely will NOT hurt your tour ... they'll help it!! We NEED fruits and veggies because they contain vitamins and fibre which other foods might not contain. Besides, fruit and veggies provide a wonderful element of variety to the meals. I crave fruit and veggies on tours!!

You would not replace a more substantial meal with fruit and veggies, you would add them to your more substantial meal. Have your hamburger, then have an apple, banana, peach, or whatever you like. In the middle of the afternoon, sometimes sitting down and enjoying the view while eating a piece of fruit hits the spot. And this doesn't mean that an hour later you can't have a cookie or pastry or whatever.

When riding in Australia, one of the things I really enjoyed was the variety of fruit available. They've got these little sweet bananas that were SO GOOD!! I can hardly eat the bananas here in Canada now because they just don't compare. Mango trees grew along the roads, so I was eating a mango or two a day. I wouldn't eliminate the fruit and veggie food group for the world!!