View Single Post
Old 03-06-07, 09:51 AM
nun

Bikes: Rivendell Quickbeam, Rivendell Rambouillet, Rivendell Atlantis, Circle A town bike, De Rosa Neo Primato, Cervelo RS, Specialized Diverge

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by tzuoworldtour07
Hey guys,
I'm graduating college in May and want to take time off and tour instead of doing what I should do and get a job. But whatever, work can wait. Saved up a year to do this anyway.

Anyway, I want to spend about 1500 on Bike and gear. No SAG. Easy trip, 60miles or so a day and maybe continue in Europe and Asia if the touring bug catches me and I'm not broke by then.

Did my research and I'm down to 3 bikes. The Randonee, 520 and the Surly Long Haul Trucker coming out April 2nd. I put together a comparison chart (attached) for what I think matters most. I'm inclined with the LHT as of now. I like the gearing, bar ends shifters, MTB components and the bad ass Surlyness.

Any ideas? Comments?

I'm 5" 9.5' I ride a 56cm Fuji but am wondering if I should go a tiny bit smaller for touring to get a more upright position.

Thanks!

Rear wheel in Pacific June 1st, Front Wheel in Atlantic ???
+1 for the LHT, nice gearing and good solid components. I'm not sure how going smaller in bike size would
get you more upright. I'd go with the 56cm