View Single Post
Old 03-06-07, 03:04 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by bruce19
Just for a little background, I'm 60 yo, 5'9.5" and weigh in at 190 as of this morning. I've been doing spinning 2Xwk since Nov. and have been lifting weights 4Xwk since Feb. I got a new Taylor scale that shows body fat % and I came in at 21.3%. Where does that fit into the general scheme of things? TIA

21.3% comes out pretty good. I come in at 22 to 22.8%

Point is how you feel. I am 5'6" short and weigh in at 147lbs. I have been told by a doctor that I am overweight just a bit and I ought to get some some exercise instead of sitting around.
I know that if I go up to 155 lbs- then I feel sluggish on the bike amd I also know that if I drop to 140- then I do not have enough body fat to see me through a long ride. Somewhere you have a happy medium. We all know when the weight has been put on a bit too much, and as I have found out- weight loss by dieting instead of exercise does not help me on the stamina scale either. Now 10 years ago when I did weigh 140 lbs and did not carry any excess "Fat" I felt fit. 7lbs on and I still feel fit, but I just wonder why I have gone up 2" in belt size.

Spike Milligan