View Single Post
Old 02-08-04, 04:26 PM
don d.

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
1. On a personal level, I find the dynamic, vibrant movement in the peloton to be the most magnetic part of bicycle racing. You feel like you're part of a shifting, changing, evolving body charged with electricity. I also get a reward from team riding and the shared bonds it develops.

2. I consider character and personality along with the actual riding of the bike when rating favorites, so Merckx, Kelly, and Jalabert are three of my favorites. Lemond is up there. My friend's Don Cernanec, Ray Martinez, and Jon Dooley are of course my all-time favorite riders. Favorite female cyclist was hands down Nancy Neiman-Baranet, since her book had a huge impact on my development as a cyclist. After that it would be Sue Novara and Sheila Young. Then Jeannie Longo. Then that platinum blond who used to race in SoCal in the 80's. Anyone remember her name? I think she was scandinavian.

3. The only other sports I follow closely are boxing(used to box) and college football. Used to follow motocross racing and GP racing but not anymore. Nascar and horse racing on the periphery-Mark Martin is my favorite driver.