View Single Post
Old 03-10-07, 07:20 AM
kreg

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is a very interesting topic.

I have often wondered how to describe the cycling i do and have sometimes called it long distance commuting... it works for me but confuses everyone i talk to.

I dont race competatively. I dont stop to smell the roses either and like to move as fast as i can to justify the flapjacks im eating.

I dont cycle for just for the sake of it, just to get a good time, or to get some nice photos. I do it primarly to get from a to b ASAP.

For example im at university in Cardiff Wales and my brother was arriving at liverpool airport 200 miles away and i wanted to meet him. I left cardiff in the morning and cycled 10 miles to the hospital im at in newport (on the way) did a days training then left at 6ish and cycled 30 miles till the light went camped in a tesco parkinglot and then cycled the rest of the way 160 miles in the morning to arrive intime to meet my bro off his flight at 2pm.

I was carrying one backpacks worth of cloths, things to give my brother, a small tool kit, a sleeping bag and lots of flapjack.

Was i touring or LDC?

Kreg