Old 03-10-07, 04:39 PM
DrPete 
Dirt-riding heretic

Bikes: Lynskey R230/Red, Blue Triad SL/Red, Cannondale Scalpel 3/X9

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Well, here's the update--I got my schwag today!

Helmet (Decibel in Team colors): Super comfy, and honestly better adjustment than my Giro Atmos. Also Snell-approved, which makes me feel a little better about things. The only place I'll say the Atmos is superior is in ventilation, but the Decibel is no slouch.

Glasses (Helix Adaptalite): GREAT pair of shades. The photochromic lenses really do a nice job--I tested them by driving in a tunnel with them on, and they went to almost clear. Fit is very nice and close to the brow, which keeps debris out of there when riding in the drops, etc.

Gloves (BG Comps): Good, solid gloves. Very nice fit. Too early to tell if the Body Geometry features make a huge difference vs. my PI Gel Vents, but we'll see. Either way, pretty sharp.

Shoes (S-Works Carbon): Very, very nice. The Boa system makes these probably the comfiest shoes I've worn, even compared to the Sidis. The fit is just so perfectly snug, and on-the-fly adjustment is really easy. The soles are super stiff, and the shape feels good. Very pleased so far. I switched the standard red BG footbeds for the blue ones from my Sidis, so we'll see what happens. Should dial the fit in even more.

Still waiting for the tires to show up (Mondo S-Works open tubulars) so more on those later.

All in all, very nice equipment, and Specialized totally hooked us up on the cheap with some of their top of the line schwag. It's insanely cool of them. I also got to check out some of the Tarmac Pros that my teammates ordered, and they're HOT. better paint job than the S-Works Tarmacs IMHO. Plenty of very happy racers around here thanks to the folks at Specialized.