patentcad
Peloton Shelter Dog

Bikes: 2017 Scott Foil, 2016 Scott Addict SL, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur CC MTB

Mentioned: 74 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1142 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by popdelusions
Many apologies...that was me yelling. Definitely didn't mean anything towards you by that, just calling you out for all the maniacs on my wheel blindly hurtling along through the damp darkness. That was a pretty tough one today, I think we dropped most of the field in the first two laps, and the majority of the riders didn't finish.

How dirty were you when you got home? I walked into my landlord's store on the ground floor of my building to ask if I could borrow the hose to wash down my bike...after a few seconds I realized all of the customers were staring at me and my landlord just asked "WHERE have you BEEN?" I was little dumbfounded until I went upstairs, saw myself in the mirror and realized I was coated head to toe in road grime and horsesh*t.
Apologies? You were doing everybody a service. Not necessary at all. I'm really kidding, I was spinning down and was startled by the cry, and then I realized that there were three races going on, maybe it was better to get out of the way rather than take a leisurely lap or two around the still dark Central Park roadway. More my bad for not being more aware that I might be a potential road hazard for the remaining racers. Very glad you guys caught me on a wider part of the park road. I immediately thought of the narrower parts of that course and figured it would be safer for all concerned if I went back to my car.

I was a bit surprised by how Spring-Classiqued my bike and clothing were from 7 miles on the wet roads of CP. You boys did appear to be HAMMERING. That descent past the skating rink before the climb is very dicey @ 30+mph when the road is wet. And my race went up the climb on the first lap like it was the Tour of friggin Flanders : ). I came off right before you guys passed me on the flats in the low 90's. Like I said today it was total LAM (Lactic Acid Meltdown). Stick that in the acronym vault Dr. P.

Impressed again by how cool the race scene in NYC is. I wish the park employees had opened the bathrooms this morning. But I did find a nice portajohn right up the road from the museum.

Did the 3/4 race ever catch the Vets today? Both races were rather ballistic.