View Single Post
Old 03-13-07, 08:07 AM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by gwd
I know someone who gives special services to students and training to teachers all over the city by bike. This is an irregular schedule that varies week to week. I've helped load the bike trailer with training materials on occasion. So, its a false statement that you need a fixed location where clients come to you in order to deliver social services and be car free.
I did not say he HAD to be clinic based, it was just a suggestion. But when you work FOR someone else they quite often seem to think you need to meet their standards, and if they expect you to visit X number of people in a given day and they are scattered all over town a bicycle is probably not going to suffice, however there are always exceptions.

Aaron

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon