Old 03-23-07, 08:11 AM
SamHall

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 666pack
last summer i got 'hit' by a car. i was going downhill towards the major intersection in town, intending on making a left at the light. a van is behind me, but i'm spinning pretty hard to keep ahead of him. he pulls up even with me right before the light, and then gets just to my left for the turn. take the left turn, but this guy is on me and pushing me into an eight inch curb. so yeah, i hit the curb, flew over the bars, saw my bike fly over me... ended up with a few spots gouged out of my right hand and wrist, but other than that everything was alright.

and the driver didn't even stop to see how i was when he definitly was the culprit for me hitting the curb.
Almost the same thing happened to me Feb 15th! Some bastard in an SUV did a right turn in front of me. I had about six feet to stop. I nailed the front brake and somehow managed to lockup the rear too (frozen in fear?) but there wasn't enough space to slow down much. SMACK! A brain bleed to an emergency med flight to a 3 day weekend in ICU has left me with a 3" skull fracture, a vague feeling of a hangover, and the last month off the bike. And oh yeah, the little ****er didn't stop.(insert exploding SUV icon here)