View Single Post
Old 03-24-07, 04:19 PM
SesameCrunch
Eschew Obfuscation

Bikes: 2005 Fuji Professional, 2002 Lemond Zurich, Folders - Strida, Merc, Dahon, Downtube, Recumbent folder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pm124
Check SesameCrunch in the Downtube forum. He converted his to a recumbant using a kit. Also, I think Bike Friday makes one. In both cases, they are fussy to fold. Sesame has to take his seat off to fold it.
Here are two pictures of my Downtube folding bike converted to a recumbent with a kit from Cruzbike:

The handlebar comes off with 2 hex bolts. The hard seat makes folding cumbersome. There might be another style of seat that folds better. I haven't done the research yet.

Bike weighs 31lbs (at LBS scale), total cost into it is about $850 (not counting the Velocity wheels).

The nice thing about the front wheel drive design of the Cruzbike is that you don't have to contend with the long chain. The front triangle is very tidy and clean.

There is now a converted Non-Suspension model and a VIIIH internal hub model posted on the Yahoo Groups Cruzbike website if you're interested in seeing more variety.