ngateguy
Center of the Universe

Bikes: Bianchi San Remo, Norvara Intrepid MTB , Softride Solo 700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by khuon
You might consider taking the stem out of the steerer comepletely (I believe you have a quill stem) as this will give you more flexibility in arranging the handlebars in a more compact position... like inside the main triangle. You'll also need to remove pedals and since you have a whole shipping dept. at your disposal, I would consider hot-knifing a large block of foam to make a nice custom "mold" to lay everything in. Another thing you will definately want to do is get something to space the dropouts. Go to an LBS and ask them for some plastic shipping spacers. They should have a few laying around from forks that were shipped to them. BTW, I personally would be reluctant to take the "seatpost" off... perhaps just the saddle only. Then again, I haven't really worked on cantilever beam posts so maybe it's no big deal.
Yeah, my box guy is going to make me a box as soon as I give him the dims I want and I am going to cut out a custom mold for the bike. I thought about removing the seat beam but it really won't make that big of a difference, the saddle itself will come with me. Mike's LBS has already agreed to put it together for me and then take it apart and ship it back when I am done down there. I might also just leave it there and have Mike and Bill bring it up here when they come for the STP. Have fun in Korea