View Single Post
Old 03-31-07, 07:07 PM
The_Mickstar

Bikes: 1973 Raleigh Professional, 1993 Raleigh Technium Olympian, 2006 Cervelo Dual, 2008 Cannondale Caad8, 2010 Kona Unit, 2013 Trek Superfly 100 AL Pro, 2014 Trek Crockett 9, 2017 All City Nature Boy 853

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
affordable complete track bikes...

I'm looking for a complete, stock "entry level" track bike. Something with decent frame & components that I will not want to change everything out on as soon as I get it. A nice steel frame would be ideal. My budget is only ~$600, though.

This bike will be raced on the track (which I've never done), but will also see a lot of time on the street training, as well. Because of this, the wheels will be a concern (they'll see a little more rough surface than a true track-only bike) and I'll be sticking with clinchers.

I am a triathlete and have spent alot of time on my tri bike riding at 80* STA, so I don't think the steep angles of a track bike will be an issue for me.

Any suggestions?

I'm 6'2 and 195lb. So, whatever I get will likely be a larger size. Just FYI.

Also, what's the cockpit of choice? Seems that it's about an even split between drops and bullhorns, from what I've seen. But, that's mainly just looking around the SS/FG Forum, so there's probably some bias there.

Thanks.

Steve