Old 04-01-07, 03:30 AM
wroomwroomoops
Sir Fallalot

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Originally Posted by cascade168
Yah, ok, so have you actually tried moving the magnet? You have not said that you did. My computer just stopped working one time and it turned out that I removed the wheel to true it and re-installed it backwards (i.e. the magnet was on the wrong side of the wheel). I had removed the QR to grease it and re-installed it wrong.

Lot's of problems have simple solutions (= Occam's Razor). Maybe your magnet got whacked and it's not where it used to be.
It shouldn't matter, because an identical cyclocomp works fine when placed in that same cradle. If I had done some magnet-related problem, it would have shown with the other (identical) cyclecomp as well, but didn't. So, it's not the magnet-reed relay-cable-cradle assembly at fault (= Occam's Razor).

But regardless, in my first post (just to satisfy your curiosity) I state that yes, I have dicked with the magnet, too:
Originally Posted by wroomwroomoops
I also tried adjusting the magnet on the spoke a few mm lower, or to the side, but it had absolutely no effect.
I did that because it was the most obvious thing to do, and the simplest thng to try.