Old 04-02-07, 11:25 AM
chrisch

Bikes: Trek 520, Gary Fisher Big Sur

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here are some of my bloopers from a tour last summer. Sometimes you learn the hard way!

1. I needlessly brought an electric razor that I used once.
2. I should have slowed down to appreciate where I was and not just where I was going. I was too rigid with reaching my final destination within a certain time frame.
3. A boiling pot of water slipped off my camping stove (bad design!) spilling hot water on my foot and shin.
4. On the third day I raised my seat a little higher than usual, resulting in extremely sharp pains in my right knee. The knee got better, but it still caused problems for the remainder of the tour.
5. I left my cycling shoes in the tent vestibule, where a slug managed to find its way inside. Fortunately the shoe was spared and only a sock got smeared! Yuck!
6. I didn't research the poor cycling infrastructure in Sweden before going there. You can't take your bike on trains or buses unless it's packed. Getting home was an adventure in itself!
7. Getting a flat, not finding the cause, and getting another flat a day later. Fortunately the tour was already over!

I can't wait to go again!! chris
--
my 2006 tour travelogue