Old 04-04-07, 10:13 AM
Gee3
Senior Moment Member

Bikes: Specialized Allez Elite Double & 2008 Look 555

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My first and current bike is the Allez Elite Double (paid about $1200 for it on Feb '06) It has a 105 9spd group and I like it alot. I'm not a clyde but it's been pretty sturdy after a year and several rides and being on my trainer. The ALX 298 rims may not win any best wheel contests but they have remained true even after the many potholes I haven't been able to miss.

I don't race and I use it for mainly charity rides and fitness so this bike has been perfect for my intended uses.

Sure I'd like to get the full carbon Cervelo Team CSC bike but the pocket book only allowed the Allez Elite and I am still very happy with it.

My only recommendation (for any bike) is to get a decent set of clipless pedals and cleats to be able to spin the crank more efficiently. If you have a few extra I'd invest in a good trainer (Cycleops, etc) and some Carmichael or Spinerval videos. Some of those vids teach you how to pedal more efficiently and correctly. And they are good when the weather sucks or to supplement your fitness workouts.

Good luck!