Old 04-04-07, 01:53 PM
robertkat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Hand soreness: Is it my grips or my gloves?

I was having some soreness on my hands, mainly on my plams around my thumb. I bought a pair of Ergon grips (GP1 model) and wow, it made a huge difference. I'm much more comfortable and don't find myself wanting other hand positions. However my gloves are all worn out and falling apart. I bought a pair of Pearl Izumi Gel-Lite Race model gloves. They fit great, don't bunch up anywhere. Problem is this. When I'm on the bike flexing my thumb feels restricted, and after about 3 miles I had to stop and pull off the gloves. My entire hand felt sore to the point I was ready to go home and get my old gloves. I'm wondering if the gloves are too small or the gel padding is too thick. I did feel like the padding was too much, like I couldn't get my hands around the grips properly. Is it possible I need the smaller size for my grips, or can someone recommend a glove that isn't so thick with pading? The gloves I have now are Performance brand full-fingered, with a small amount of gel padding accross the palm. They are a medium and feel just barely too big. However I want to stay away from Performance brand. They seem to be not last very long. My hands are smallish (cursed pisces).