Old 04-05-07, 07:02 PM
NineHotel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
France logistics/bicycle help please

Hello -

I am trying to plan a tour in France/Germany this June for two adults and one (strong) 11 year old. We have suitable bicycles but the logistics of bringing 3 bikes, 3 bike boxes, stowing 3 boxes, and getting away from the airport just don't seem workable. I have a friend in France from which I can borrow one suitable bicycle, but need 2 more. Medium and small adult size. I can bring racks, tools, etc. and work on used bikes to make them suitable for our tour. I am a good bike mechanic and have toured some in FR and Germany myself.

The plan is to fly into CDG then drive to visit friends north of Paris and pick up one bike. I still need two more bikes. We will ride during the day, carry a very sparse load of gear, and stay in hotels in remote towns scattered about the countryside.

Can anyone suggest ways of dealing with the logistics of 3 bike boxes if we choose to bring our own?

Can anyone suggest a bicycle rental place where we can get multi-speed suitable bicycles, either buy or rent, for reasonable prices? Thank you, Leo.