Old 04-06-07, 09:32 PM
stea1thviper

Bikes: custom built roadie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by patentcad
This reminds me of the guy who told me that the deck on the back of my house was in iminent danger of toppling over and pitching people into the valley. Then the contractors who bid on the rehab job (it needs the footings redone) mostly laughed at that. 'We demolish decks all day long, and chainsaw vertical supports and the decks won't come off the house'. In other words if you ever looked at how a freewheel connects to the rear hub there are so many points of connection the you could probably REMOVE a couple of those splines and the rear sprockets wouldn't exhibit any appreciable wobble. But the portion of your post I hilighted in red would seem to be saying the same thing I am.

Like I said, we'll see. I get your point and appreciate your observation too, but I don't think that will impact the functionality of the freehub. I'll have some local experts give it the once over in person. I'll also find out from Zipp what my repair options are if that's an issue. Worst case scenario: new rear hub and a relace, still a cheaper deal than a new set of Zipps. I doubt it needs any work at all however.

sounds good. and i dont think it'll need to be replaced either. have fun with ur wheels! i just went on a first ride on mine last week, and i dont care what studies said what about the minimal gains in speed, i was FLYING.