View Single Post
Old 04-08-07, 10:01 AM
jet sanchEz

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Liked 849 Times in 386 Posts
Originally Posted by Fuzzz
Thanks for the info. The frame is a mid-late 80's Miele so I assume the french threading should not be a problem.
Sounds nice, is it that champagne one with the chrome fork that was on CL the other day? It will probably be mostly standard ie: English threaded BB with a Shimano compatible spindle. If the BB and headset are in good condition, I would continue to use them until they die.

For parts, yeah, like cavit8 said, this thread and the "For Trade" thread in the various forums can often yield good stuff, provided you have something to offer up. The seatpost might be a bit tricky as it is likely 27.0 but they can still be found here and there.

Originally Posted by TRaffic Jammer
In other news....dang I missed it. was it on tv?

Tuft and Pic triumph in cold and snow
Tuft capitalises on two-man break to take solo win

It snowed before the race and a Canadian wins it....coincidence?
It was a pretty exciting race, I thought the guy who came in second was going to get the bum rush in the last metre but he held on. Tuft was far and away for most of the race, it was very inspiring. That town they were racing in, Richmond, Virginia (I think), looked like a real ghetto. I kept expecting a crackhead to run out and tackle one of the two leaders.