View Single Post
Old 04-08-07, 06:36 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 763 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 1,008 Posts
Yea look at the Armadillo's, but a friend of mine who rode on them had all sorts of problems, but not sure if it was the rider or the tire. I've been real happy with the Bontrager Race Lite Hardcase 28's I've been riding on, but those are a little tight on the rear with the chain stays, so I thought I'd give the Michelin's a go. I hate giving my hard earned money to the French, but every so often, you have to roll the dice. I like to see how a different tire brand handles compared to what I'm used to. Considering I was riding 38's at first, the 23's are a huge difference, but so far they seem fairly stable.

I'm going to actually leave the hood tonight since I've changed the rubber to see how the bike feels and handles on my normal route. Ride up a couple of parking garages and bridges as well which will be interesting on the way down. Look out below ...........Fat guy on a bike coming through.

Tom, that will be great. Can wait to see them.