View Single Post
Old 03-11-04, 07:59 AM
Dahon.Steve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by howling.fantods
interesting. from looking at their site, it looked like the folding mechanism isn't that dissimilar from like the matrix.

Of course, rush hour is exactly when i want to be able to bring my bike on the bart...
The folding mechanism is different from the Matrix. The Matrix actually folds in the middle making a smaller package while the Montague keeps the frame solid.

These are some of the differences:

1 When folded, the Montague looks like all you did was remove the front and rear wheels of a regular bike. The driver of the lightrail might think you're trying to bring a regular bike on board while trying to pass it as a folder. It's possible, they might not allow you to boad during rush hour because it's a large package and he might think you're trying to pull one over on him/her. Anthing to avoid problems during rush hour will work to your advantage.

2. The Montague does not stick together in one piece like the Matrix. You're going to have problems carrying the wheels in one hand and the frame in another plus your personal luggage. The Matrix does not require you to take the wheels off so the bike remains in one piece even when folded which is much better in my opinion.

3. When it rains, the last thing you want to do is put your hands on the wheels. With the Montague, you're always going to get your hands dirty and things can really get messy when those wheels are full of mud and road grit.