Old 04-09-07, 12:51 PM
DreamTheater
Go Pre!

Bikes: Trek 1500

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'll be there. I signed up yesterday online. I'll be doing same race as you.

The terrain is beautiful. I have trained on those same roads several years back. Lots of rollers which you will find challenging at race speed....not so much the early ones, but they just keep coming and start wearing ya down a little. Nothing awfully steep though. I hope the weather is good. There will be a nice festival in the town near the finish after the race.

Would love to see some of the other guys on this board make the trip for this race. You can get down here from DC/Northern Va in about 5 hours I think? would be worth the trip!! The last time I was out there, several years back, there were guys from all over in the Master's races....even Kent Bostick showed up and won the Pro race.

This is my first race of the year, so I'm just hoping to hang in with the group and get to the finish in tact. But anyway, I'll be on a Trek 1500(Discovery Blue/grey paint) .... and probably wearing a bright yellow jersey(no team logo as I'm an unattached rider). Be sure to say hello. I think a few other guys on this forum are also gonna be there.

Again, the course is beautiful. One of my favorite road races ever.

http://www.rainbowcycles.com/tdm2007.html

Last edited by DreamTheater; 04-09-07 at 12:56 PM.