Old 03-15-04, 10:03 PM
TandemGeek
hors category

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by chuckhill2
After I got it home I noticed on bottom of box it said both riders sould have minimim 32 1/2 legs. What dose that mean.
I would suspect it's a poor Chinese translation that means, "both riders should have minimum inseams of 32.5". On the bright side, in addition to poor English translations, the measurements are often times wrong too.

Bottom Line: So long as you can straddle the top tube you should be OK. I suspect that at 5'11" you will be able to do just that, even if your inseam isn't quite 32.5". As for your wife, she should be able to mount the tandem like horse, i.e., you get on first and steady the thing while she steps onto the left pedal and swings her leg over the saddle. Once seated, she won't "need" to get off the tandem until you're done riding or have reached stopping point. Just have her stay "in the saddle" with both feet on the pedals as you stop and start and you'll avoid any stand over clearance issues that she might have IF the tandem's rear top tube is too high.

Mark

P.S. This is why it's called your "first tandem". The funny things about first tandems is you'll either find you love it and will pursue your "next tandem" or you'll find it's not your cup of tea and your "first tandem" will also be your "only" or "last" tandem.