View Single Post
Old 04-15-07, 05:42 PM
0_emissions :=)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vik
Generally speaking the Bike Shop has pretty dismal customer service, but it is the closest LBS to my apt so I do go there occasionally. The last few times I was pleasantly surprised by great service from some of the people there. So it isn't all bad, but I have been in there a few times where I could have waved a hundred dollar bill in the air and been completely ignored for 30mins. Kinda weird when its obviously a profit driven business - you' think they'd want your money...
The Bike Shop is being driven into the ground, IMO. Kevin acquired it from his mother and while he might know bikes and have connections he knows absolutely nothing about running a shop. His rule of thumb(from what a former employee told me you should be spending no more than 1 min per customer, then he's out the door. I seriously think the only thing keeping them alive is the location, a few loyal customers, and Rocky Mountain. He also wants to keep his employees at a 2 year turnaround, to avoid giving raises.
I really have to hand it Bow. They have taken the bike shop business to the next level. Where else are you going to get a Kikapu for $649? They also run their own lines(BBC bikes) and treat the staff like gold. There are staff member there that are going on 25 years+. That says something. Brian and the rest of the owners might be cowboy managers, but you can come in on a busy Saturday and still get some great customer service.
my .02