Old 04-16-07, 08:34 AM
cooperk4

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Greetings from Detroit

Hello all -
I joined the forums a few weeks ago after I bought a new bike and decided to get back into the sport. I'm only 22, but when I was 10-12 I used to ride 40 miles each way to my grandparent's each weekend to take care of them in their last years, and I always loved the thrill of the ride and the challenge of a seemingly insurmountable distance at that age. High school and college (for some reason) got in the way of me staying on two tires, and now that I'm in medical school I've been surrounded by a few friends that are bike nuts, and it got me excited to go out and buy my first road bike (I always rode a HUGE Schwinn Mesa 21-speed mountain bike everywhere). I'm slowly tweaking the bike to suit my body (which unfortunately puts me in a clydesdale category at only 5' 8" tall), but my legs are still as huge as ever and I rode a century my second day after buying the bike. I hoping to get seriously back into the sport, because I always seemed to have the body for it, but I'm a little worried about, all the weight I've put on. (Don't flame me for soliciting weight advice here, I plan on chatting in the appropriate forums about that - I'm just giving you guys some background). Sorry about the long intro, but I tend to think that we are all united in a common love of a sport, and that makes us friends in a way - and I always like to have dirt on my friends.
Anyway, I live between Woodhaven and Trenton in Michigan, about 20 minutes south of Detroit. Is there anything interesting to do with biking in this area, other than solo rides wherever? Let me know. Talk to you all later!