BruceBrown
Just Say No to 26" Wheels

Bikes: Surly Karate Monkey/Gary Fisher Sugar 293

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
saddle search...

I couldn't agree with you more that off road mountain biking is a different animal than daily grinds on RAGBRAI. Somehow, we made it on our mountain biking saddles (all 4 of us, 2 Bontrager FS2000's and 2 WTB saddles for the ladies). So I know I can complete the trip on such a saddle - I'm just looking to see if I can ease the discomfort of the last few days. I guess a bottle of pain killer is one way and I did use that method last year as well as doing frequent out of the saddle work with my son which we both mastered and used each day at times along with frequent butt breaks, rest stops every 10 - 15 miles, vaseline, padded riding shorts and any voodoo you could think of to ward off the morning pain when mounting the tandem.

Where do I even start the hunt and pick process of some sort of a saddle for such long grind riding (aside from the hunt and pick and now trying to reject process of using my Bontrager FS2000's - which I love using off road, by the way) that might be more comfortable than the mountain bike saddles?

BB