Old 04-17-07, 06:30 PM
jpearl
Rabbinic Authority

Bikes: Cannondale Cyclocross, Specialized Langster, Giant TCR-C2 Composite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The Langster is a fine quality bike and a great ride. I have the '07, which has a better ride and parts selection than the '06 had. People will tell you the wheels are a bit heavy. They're not super lightweight, but they're not a hinderence either. I brought mine with the intentions of keeping it stock (except for the pedals), and it's been working fine for me. One thing, though; before you give into the fixie "craze", give the bike a chance with brakes and the freewheel. It's also a very rewarding experience, the ride is silky smooth, and riding is SS versus FG can also make you a strong rider, especially as a mountain biker. With SS, you learn to "pedal the gear that you're in", since sometimes on the MTB you might not always be able to shift into the gear you want when in the midst of super-technical riding when focus needs to be on the handlebars and the trail and not the gears and shift levers. I know the corrolation to off-road riding; I used to race MTB also and I now ride cyclocross, and the Langster as a commuter and road bike is ridiculous amounts of fun to ride, and it does throw some fitness and technique into the off-road riding.

And if you work at a shop and get the discount, then it's a win-win situation. Just dont' get that horrible sienna red paint job with the skulls, stick with the brushed aluminum. It's way more sharp and serious looking.