Old 04-17-07, 08:59 PM
Coloradopenguin

Bikes: 2007 Specialized Sirrus Comp, 1988 Diamond Back Ascent

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bought a 2007 Sirrus Comp last November and have about 500 miles on the bike. Love the bike, but have swapped the straight flat bar for a low-rise with more backsweep and added bar ends to give me more hand positions. Coming from 15 years of mountain bikes, I just could not see myself with anything but flat bars. If I were doing it again, would not be so quick to dismiss drop bars because of the hand positions.

I'm very comfortable riding 30-50 miles on the bike at a time. I swapped the gear cassette to a mountain bike range to get better climbing gearing for the terrain around western Colorado, which works very nicely. With 27 gears, I'm re-learning how to ride with more emphasis on higher cadence.

I have discovered an issue with my rear wheel -- it has popped 3 spokes in 500 miles. Am visiting the LBS tomorrow to get that resolved. Don't expect any problems. Upon delivery the LBS owner noticed a slight blemish on the carbon fork and ordered its replacement before I noticed it, which speaks well for the LBS and for Specialized warranty.