View Single Post
Old 04-17-07, 09:19 PM
old and new

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
you've mentioned some good ones,I'm a an Iti too, the ethnocentricity comes into play.Ah proposito...Bianchi make a few nice ones,the ones you stated are steel and good.I weigh 240, I've weighed 368,back then,I road my wifes giant hybrid, steel one.Giant has no steel now.Trek makes ONE steel,a good one but you don't list it,it's a 520. Colnago, forget it,although I found a steel on one..PM.. me. IF...There ARE better choices,most nagos aside from a rare few ,are light and 'll set ya back 3,ooo or more.Schwinn is Aluminum these days. Bianchi steel bikes ,the Imola and others are Taiwan..OK..I almost bought one.I bought a fancier bike,not postin' the picture though,not yet. The Imola has questionable wheels ,I see what you meen,that was my concern too,you HAVE seen thier sight ..NO ??..the Strada and Brava have stong enough wheels,besides,if you busted them,you can get hand-builts for 300,after spending LESS than a thou. on the bike,that's not so bad.THe VOLPE is in the "cross" catagory, check it out as well. Jamis has some bikes too.Felty is ALL alum..HEY alum. is good, YOU mentioned steel first.I tried chasing the Italian steel bike dream,I caught it. Honestly,if I didn't already have other bikes,I would have bought one of the ones we've stated.Start out with a bike for 7 to 14 at MOST. Alum. is harsh,now that you've thought about it,it'll stay in your mind.I DO prefer steel,NOT as fast or as light,it has a "nicer" feel(opinion).