Old 03-22-04, 02:29 PM
trekkie820

Bikes: 2004 Trek 4600 SS, 2016 Cannondale Cujo 2 SS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by farrenator
So I went on a nice ride during my lunch break on my fixed gear and realized that I am annoyed by a few things about biking in the spring, here in the Mid Atlantic

1) It is cold in the morning and warm(er) in the afternoon so I always have to extra clothes to carry back on the ride home - I commute to work on my bike
2) WIND - yeesh, will the wind ever stop?
3) Directly related to wind - frozen penis. It is warm enough to wear minimal long sleeve shirts, pants but ooooohh the wind....I need to pack an extra sock, hehe.

Feel free to post your favorites.
AH the infamous frozen penis. thats my favorite part. I also love it when the wind tosses you around the road, and when the wind is hitting your right side, pushing you towards traffic(this only seems to happen soon before a semi blows by you at double nickles)

I also enjoy the hit or miss weather, suny and beatiful often turns to cold rain, the cold mornings leading into warmth. Another great thing is when its cold enough to form ice, then the ice stays ice in the shadows, unlike the ice that melts in the sun, so you approach it not thinking anything of it, then next thing you know, youre on the ground!! spring rocks!!