LowCel 
Throw the stick!!!!

Bikes: GMC Denali

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by apclassic9
It was SO cool to see Lowcel cross that line 1st - I knew he won & yelled "FIRST!!" at him, but, he just HAD to check the board before he'd believe me!

I was timing, so I was there anyway, but was waiting and waiting and waiting for Salsa to show up... I knew he was up late the night before at his uncle's surprise birthday party in Richmond VA, and then we got up at 5 a.m. & drove about 4 1/2 hours to get to the race, so I was kind of thinking that he just bonked out there. Then we heard about someone crashing & getting knocked out, but then we heard that that guy got up & finished...(and was OK) finally someone told me that the kid was riding with a flat for awhile, and someone else told me he was walking... 2 flats, 1 spare tube. Anyway, he finished, 8th out 10 in his class.

NOTE to the rest of you young parent-supported riders out there: There might be a better way to get a new wheelset.

I'll hit the LBS & get something decent for next weekend (AMBC Greenbrier MD) and meanwhile look for a reasonably priced wheel he likes for the rest of the season.
If you need a rear wheel just let me know. I'll be happy to loan you one. I've got plenty, how about an XT to 717?