View Single Post
Old 04-23-07, 01:43 PM
Coloradopenguin

Bikes: 2007 Specialized Sirrus Comp, 1988 Diamond Back Ascent

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I tried mixing business with pleasure . . . with mixed results. After taking pictures of our local high school baseball team I decided to ride to a neighboring town to take pictures of their game. The route would end up being about 30 miles, a perfect Saturday afternoon ride. Weather was nearly 60 and partly sunny. Got to the ballgame and shot pix for 5 innings, watching the clouds get darker, the wind pick up and the temperature started to drop. Headed back home with a strong tailwind and some sprinkles. Got about 1/2 mile down the road when the heavens opened up. Stayed fairly warm, but my shoes and gloves were soon drenched.

Made it to within 4 miles from home when the winds shifted directly into my face, blowing the road spray into my eyes. First real moisture in weeks, and the spray started to sting my eyes (I think it is the ice melt left over from winter). Then the temps plunged to the 30s and my fingers were going numb. It just wasn't fun anymore. I wimped out and I called my wife to rescue me.

Got a nice 15 mile ride in and a miserable 11 mile cold shower!