Old 04-23-07, 10:49 PM
Daveyboy

Bikes: Roubaix S-Works SL2, Redline Conquest

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nutrition

Thanks all for the advice, I appreciate it. I guess I won't be loading up on the french toast or pancakes right before the ride anymore either. Fig newtons - hmmm, now there's a thought, they would certainly be easier to chew and swallow than the clif bars. Last summer when I started cycling again, I tried the powerbars but didn't care for them that much - to chewy and sugary.

I double checked the gatorade and for a 20 oz bottle, it seems that there's only 100 calories, so that may not be the best choice for energy, but I thought it would at least replace some of the lost sodium and potassium. (something to prevent cramping)

Time to check into some other liquids also. I am trying to work up the mileage for the STP this year. But it's going to be tough the next 6-8 weeks as I have two boys in little league (but I don't mind, the boys come first.)

BTW, has anyone ever heard of 'Countdown' sports recovery drink? I've been drinking that after every ride and it's supposed to help replace muscle glycogen and also provide some protein. The GNC was closing them out last fall, so I loaded up on a few of the canisters.