Thread: Bike checks
View Single Post
Old 04-25-07, 11:43 AM
Sammyboy
The Legitimiser

Bikes: Gazelle Trim Trophy, EG Bates Track Bike, HR Bates Cantiflex bike, Nigel Dean fixed gear conversion, Raleigh Royal, Falcon Westminster.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
That's my fast road bike. It's got Campagnolo Chorus clipless pedals on there now, and I did 34 miles on it this morning. I work from home, so when I do commute by bike, it's to the station (the office is 157 miles away). I do that on the Raleigh 20, or on a beater Falcon that I don't mind locking up all day. I haul stuff on the Raleigh Royal tourer, with or without trailer (want to put a front rack on that). Rides with my g/f or son are on the tandem. Everything else you see is just for giggles.

As a measure of investment in this, the Gazelle only cost me £20. It's not the top 80's model, but the second in the range, and would've been a club racers bike in it's day. I haven't really got any investment in these bikes, because they're just things I've kept in the course of my (profitable) bike trading, but many of them were very cheap in terms of purchase price.