Old 04-25-07, 04:14 PM
Carbonfiberboy 
just another gosling

Bikes: CoMo Speedster 2003, Trek 5200, CAAD 9, Fred 2004

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3886 Post(s)
Liked 1,938 Times in 1,383 Posts
My wife is an incredible cook, I'm a little long in the tooth, and we eat (she keeps track) about 14 servings of fruit or vegetables per day. So I really put it away. Plus bread, pancakes, pasta, all the yummy things. We don't eat dessert unless we have company. I never drink soft drinks, just some beer occasionally. I ride 100-200 miles per week pretty much year-round, plus we hike one day a week in the summer, and sometimes snowshoe in the winter. I gain a few pounds in the winter and lose it in the spring. I'm down about 5 pounds now, and will lose another 5 by August. That's just the effect of increased mileage. No diet changes.

If you don't like real food, buy a couple of vegetarian cookbooks. For some reason, I find vegetarian food tastier. Meat can really blow the other flavors away, and it can be so greasy. Give me olive oil any day.

Anyway, I'd say if you ride 150 miles/week or so, you'll lose weight, get bigger legs, and enjoy your food, all three together. Just don't eat fast food, don't drink soft drinks, and don't drink alcohol every night.