View Single Post
Old 04-25-07, 05:26 PM
saraflux

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Helmet Head
Martin Luther??? He's talking about faith in the supernatural, which of course must "trample under foot all reason, sense and understanding." He oughtta know.

Here's the full quote:

link

Surely you can recognize and appreciate the difference between mind-numbing faith in the supernatural that requires deluding, blinding and destroying reason to having reason-based faith in one's rights?

..did you really just link me to a page about atheism? seriously? hahahahaha. i guess i hit a nerve with that whole martin luther thing... it was really just a pithy quote i got off google. i am not going to touch "activistic athiesm" that's too close to the level of intensity that fundamentalist christians display... word games do not impress me. (though i do enjoy a nice game of scrabble)
i think you are missing my point... but, if you sub "JF" for "God", i think it works just as well in the context that my original post was written.
i think that you are being obtuse when you refuse to see that you often abandon reason in favor of the party line that you have chosen to espouse (i.e. your faith in VC).
...the 'blame the victim' cyclist death posts...
...the utter refusal to concede points when you clearly cannot provide satisfactory evidence (i am referring here to the plethora of stats you cite that are patently unscientific- 'supernatural' if you like.)
...etc. i'm sure bek, or brian, or any of those who disagree with you as strongly as i do can pull out the appropriate links, quotes, etc.

i'm done with this... i have had an epiphany- a religious experience, if you like- life is way too short for this crap and i should be out on my bike right now... i don't have the energy to sustain the level of faith you display, Mr. Head...

this post was edited for grammar and to correct for inappropriate tone.
that is all.

Last edited by saraflux; 04-25-07 at 05:32 PM.