Old 04-26-07, 06:51 AM
Proximo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I haven't used the Fizik tape but I have wrapped gell pads with Cinelli cork tape. The Park tool instructions are pretty good so follow them exactly. I wrap a couple of pieces of scotch tape around the gell pads to make sure they stay in place during the wrap. The Cinelli tape comes with two precut pieces of cork tape intended to go inside the bend of the handlebar to cover the band holding the brifter on. If Fizik doesn't include these pieces just cut them from the roll. As you wrap and come to the brifter, you don't have to do anything special, just continue winding the tape around the bar, although, obviously, you won't be able to overlap it as you go around the brifters like you can elsewhere. The small strips of thin Fizik tape are to finish off the wrap holding the bar tape in place. I find electrical tape worked better than the finish tape Cinelli provides. YMMV.

I would suggest practicing with some cheap, non-adhesive, plastic tape before doing the final wrap to get the process down..

Last edited by Proximo; 04-26-07 at 06:57 AM.