Old 04-26-07, 11:40 AM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jaxgtr
Tuesday night started out to be a short one hour 15-16 mile ride and turned into a 3 hr 24 min 35 sec 52.2 mile wandering through the southside of Jacksonville. At the 40 mile mark, a cop pulled up next to me at a stop light and to see how far I had ridden since he had seen me three different times and he had just taken up cycling. I only stopped cause my light battery was running out of juice and I was getting the dreaded blinking warning light. I left the house at 10:30 pm and pulled into the garage at 1:55 am. Finally went to bed at 3 am after a quick snack and a shower.

Man do I love that feeling that you think you can do 100 miles when you were not trying to. I could have easily done another 15, but figured I better call it a night since I had to get up at 7 to go to work and I was running out of battery time. I have only drained my battery one time before and I like the feeling. Will need to do that more often.
There IS a solution to the light battery time running out, keep a spare set handy, then when you run low on juice, just swap the batteries for fresh ones, my light uses AAAs (rechargable) and I keep a spare set in an old 35mm film can -- I'd hate to end a ride just because a stupid battery ran out Mind you, I rarely ride much after dark anyway.....